DAY 1 – Arrival to Buenos Aires: Arrival to Buenos Aires and transfer from International Airport Ezeiza to Hotel & Check-In. Afterwards, enjoy a sightseeing of the city, get acquainted with Buenos Aires during this tour highlighting the city’s major neighborhoods and attractions. Among the points of interest you will see are: Main Square Plaza de Mayo surrounded by the Casa Rosada (Presidential Headquarters Office), the Cabildo (Colonial Town Hall) and the Cathedral. You will also drive through the charming streets of San Telmo and down the colorful roads of La Boca, famous for its multicolor tin houses. Later, drive through elegant Barrio Norte on your way to the Recoleta Cemetery, an amazing aboveground cemetery lined with mausoleums and statues. Finally, visit Palermo and its magnificent mansions and parks.
Stop at Café Tortoni for Coffee & Churros: you cannot come to Buenos Aires and not visit this important Porteño institution. This historic cafe has served as the artistic and intellectual capital of Buenos Aires since 1858, hosting notable guests such as Jorge Luis Borges. Founded in 1858, it is the oldest coffee shop in the whole country. With a very rich history, it is visited at all times by intellectuals, politicians.
In the evening, taste the authentic flavors of Buenos Aires during a tour of the city’s famous “Parrillas” (Barbeques). You cannot come to Buenos Aires and not visit this important Porteño institution. Experience and taste authentic Porteño flavors, at this culinary tour of the city, you will discover local hole-in-the wall restaurants, enjoying traditional parrilla foods in each and enjoy excellent Argentine wine, learn about Argentina’s culture and cuisine. At the end of the tour, visit one of the best artisanal “heladerias” (ice cream shops) in the city and meet others during the relaxed and social tour. Transfer back to hotel and overnight at selected hotel.
DAY 2 – Buenos Aires / Iguazú Falls: After breakfast at hotel, you will be transfer from the hotel to the domestic airport -Aeroparque Jorge Newbery-. Your estimate flight will be 1,5 hs approximately.
Upon arrival, you will transfer to Iguazú National Park. In Guaraní language, the term Iguazú means “great waters”. The falls were discovered in 1541 by Alar Núñez Cabeza de Vaca and established in 1984 as a Natural World Heritage Site by UNESCO. These falls are shared by Brazil and Argentina. The Iguazú River begins in Paraná state in Brazil and runs through smooth geography until it reaches a series of faults, and suddenly an 88 yard canyon in the Devil's Throat where the water produces a thundering sound and then drains into the Rio Parana. This imposing falls consists of 275 jumps up to 70 meters high spread over crescent, which offer a fascinating spectacle. After lunch at La Selva Restaurant (or similar), in the afternoon you will enjoy Jungle Trail excursion & Great Adventure navigation. The great adventure is unique, and combines the whole essence of the Iguassu National Park in one ride: the jungle and the waterfalls. We will drive trucks into the vast wild vegetation joined by experimented guides. We will get off at the pier and board a boat to sail the Iguazú Inferior river canyon, rafting the river rapids to appreciate falls from the San Martín island peaceful backwater. Then we will visit the Tres Mosqueteros (Three Musketeers) fall, and Garganta del Diablo (Devil’s Throat) will crown the tour. Sailing the coast of the island, we will get to the next exciting point: the San Martín fall, the greatest a boat can approach. Get ready to get wet! Transfer to hotel, Check-In and enjoy dinner at selected hotel.
DAY 3 – Iguazu Falls: After breakfast at hotel, you will enjoy your day at the Iguazú National Park. Visit the Devil’s Throat, the biggest and highest inside the Iguazu National Park, and the most astonishing view you have ever seen. Later, lunch at La Selva Restaurant (or similar). Continue to the airport for an evening flight back to Buenos Aires. Upon arrival to Buenos Aires, transfer to selected hotel.
DAY 4 – Buenos Aires: Your day starts with breakfast at hotel and you will be able to enjoy the day all to yourself, as morning and lunch are at leisure. Later, put on your dancing shoes for a tango lesson taught by professional dancers! Once you have the moves, step to dinner followed by an authentic tango show, you will enjoy an unforgettable night, surrender to the magic of this city that never sleeps and to the charm of this overwhelming and sanguine music – main protagonist of the night – while enjoying the best of its varied gastronomic offer. Transfer back to hotel and overnight at selected hotel
DAY 5 – Buenos Aires & The Pampas!: After breakfast at hotel, morning transfer to Rosario de Areco Ranch (2hs ride approximately). Gauchos on horseback will welcome you & escort you to the main house. You will be welcomed with meat pies (“empanadas’) accompanied with a glass of wine, water or juices. You will have the possibility of appreciating the typical “Ring Race” (Carrera de Sortijas) and other amazing tests before lunch. Estancia's gastronomy is so fresh as the milk just milked and granny's deserts. You will have the opportunity to enjoy the best Argentinean beef, cooked in excellent barbecues, different salads and delicious cakes and homemade desserts. All prepared by their own Chef. The estancia has its own winery with some of the best Argentinean wines. After lunch, you will enjoy a folkloric Show with music and typical local dances will be performed. During this tour, you will be able to take home a taste of this unique, picturesque and emblematic character, while living a little of the peace that the Gauchos used live. The flat & open Pampas, the view of the straight horizon, and the company of a very traditional Argentine family will make this day an experience you will always remember. El Rosario de Areco is an “Estancia” (Ranch) from the XIX century. The owners belong to very traditional families of conquerors, patriots and pioneers and they continue to live in the property. The main house was built in 1892 in a typical colonial style. For the last years they have opened their house to special guests and are delighted to welcome them to their home and introduce them to their way of life. Today, they are still breeding and training Polo ponies along with their sons who have become polo players. At this tour you will be able to use the swimming pool, try horseback riding, walk around the Estancia and ride on typical carriages! After having this amazing day at the Pampas, direct transfer from ranch to Buenos Aires pier for cruise embarkation or International Airport to return home.
Day 1: Buenos Aires
- Welcome to Buenos Aires!
- Buenos Aires Highlights & Café Tortoni
- Parrillas Tour – Taste the authentic porteño flavors
- Overnight at selected hotel
Day 2: Buenos Aires / Iguazu
- Flight to Iguazu – 1.5 hs approx.
- Visit the Argentinean Side Falls – One of the 7 Natural Wonders of the World
- Big Adventure your with truck & boat - Combine jungle & waterfalls!
- Overnight at selected hotel
Day 3: Iguazu / Buenos Aires
- Visit Argentinean Side Falls
- Flight to Buenos Aires – 1.5 hs approx.
- Overnight at selected hotel
Day 4: Buenos Aires
- Dinner & Tango Show
- Tango Lessons Experience!
- Overnight at selected hotel
Day 5: Buenos Aires
- Day at Rosario de Areco Ranch – 2 hs away approx.
- Transfer to Buenos Aires pier for embarkation or International Airport to return home
- The order of sites visited may vary to avoid congestion. The timings indicated are only approximate, and are given here for general reference purposes.
- Buenos Aires Highlights: 300 mts walking approx. - uneven terrain at the Cemetery & Caminito (cobble stone streets) - some steps at the Cathedral.
- Ramps for guests in wheelchairs: in the city they are available but not in very good conditions.
- Parrillas Tour: please note that some venues might have entrance steps and/or stairs to access the toilets.
- Guests need to walk between stops from one venue to the next on uneven terrain.
- Some restaurants might not be wheelchair accessible.
- We recommend to wear light clothing, comfortable walking shoes, sunscreen and a hat.
- Stairs at Tango House, but elevator available
- Tango House is wheelchair accessible but has no wheelchair accessible restrooms
- Flight to/from Iguazu - Luggage weight limit for domestic flights: a maximum of 15 kg. per passenger is accepted.
- Big Adventure at Iguazu Falls: we recommend to bring a change of clothing, as guests get very wet (even with ponchos)
- This tour has long distances on walkways, approx. 4 miles walking on Iguazú National Park
- Uneven terrain at the trails & around 70 steps to participate of Adventure Navigation
- To get to the Devil’s Throat, guests must take train to the walkways to the fall. 15 to 20 minute walk.
- El Rosario de Areco Ranch: this tour involves very little walking and is therefore recommended for guests using wheelchairs
- 500 mts walking in the ranch over uneven terrain & 300 mts walk at the Terminal of Buenos Aires
- Last day: Check-Out is at 12 noon.
- Available request for Late Check-Out